We all love chocolate, it’s undeniable. So I teamed up with food stylist Matthew Kimura and prop stylist Madeleine Johari to explore the deep dark pleasures of chocolate.Before jumping into the photos, here a few things about chocolate that I bet you didn’t know.
• The blood in Psycho’s famous shower scene was actually chocolate syrup.
• In fact, chocolate was consumed as a liquid, not a solid, for 90% of its history.
• The Aztec emperor Montezuma II drank more than 50 cups of chocolate every day.
• The Aztecs and Mayans Used Cacao Beans as Currency
• The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
• M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting
• Every second Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate
• Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey cancelled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
• Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one third.
• A lethal does of chocolate for a human being is about 22lbs.
Photo credits: Food stylist: Matthew Kimura Prop Stylist: Madeleine Johari Post-Production: Matt Gibson